Thread Rating:
  • 377 Votes - 2.73 Average
404 not found error
08-22-2011, 12:00 PM
404 not found error
My apologies guys, don't mean to blow this forum up. But for some reason, I'm having issues posting to modx forum, looks like the site is being revamped or something.

Anyways, here's my test site merisharp created via instructions on [url=http://codingpad.maryspad.com/2011/02/21/modx-revolution-for-complete-beginners-part-8-using-wayfinder-to-create-menus/]maryspad/url]:

Now i clearly have all those pages (shown in unordered list menu) created and published in the manager, because if they wasn't published, then "wayfinder" would not display them in the menu.

I also have content on each of the pages, but when I click on a link, or try to view the resources via manager interface, I continue to receive the "404 not found" page.

I've been stumped for hours, and am sure it's probably something simple I am or am not doing.

Pleae Help!

Quote this message in a reply
08-22-2011, 02:00 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2011 02:01 PM by mary.)
RE: 404 not found error
Have you by any chance enabled friendly urls on your site?

And please don't worry about blowing the forum up with questions, that's what it's here for Smile

Find all posts by this user
08-22-2011, 02:07 PM
(08-22-2011 02:00 PM)mary Wrote:  Have you by any chance enabled friendly urls on your site?

And please don't worry about blowing the forum up with questions, that's what it's here for Smile

yes, I did enable FURLs, should i disable?
yup, i disabled FURLs and now the pages are showing up. now back to where this all began, the "WAYFINDER" topic.

lets see if i can get this right this time.

08-22-2011, 02:19 PM
(08-22-2011 02:07 PM)ironchip Wrote:  
(08-22-2011 02:00 PM)mary Wrote:  Have you by any chance enabled friendly urls on your site?

yes, I did enable FURLs, should i disable?
yup, i disabled FURLs and now the pages are showing up. now back to where this all began, the "WAYFINDER" topic.

lets see if i can get this right this time.

Yeah if you enable FURLs then you need a .htaccess file to get the mod-rewrite commands all working. I will do a video soon on FURLs, but there's a ht.access file that comes with your MODx Revo install that you can copy and rename to .htaccess, and if your site is in the root then you don't need to modify anything, but if it's in a folder you have to add the folder name to your RewriteBase line. See http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution2...endly+URLs

Find all posts by this user
08-22-2011, 02:33 PM
aha, i included that .htaccess file and turned my furls back on, and it's working. thanks mary