Thread Rating:
  • 285 Votes - 2.51 Average
Question regarding browser....
03-13-2012, 12:06 AM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2012 12:10 AM by wire2.)
Question regarding browser....
How come all web text in firefox looks pixled and unsharp for me compared to IE? Unfortunately since I like Firefoxt, but this is a big difference! Is there some adjustments that I can do to get rid of this problem?

This is not just on one specific website, it’s all websites! The text looks very pixled and unsharp and not as smooth as in IE. I am using Firefox the latesta version 10.0.2. I have also tried to Disable Hardware Acceleration but there was no difference.

Hope to get some input and help from you...
Best regards

/Hakan

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2012, 03:12 PM
RE: Question regarding browser....
Hakan
This is an odd problem, not sure what could be causing it. I generally tend to use Chrome for my general browsing needs. One suggestions I have is to check under Preferences in Firefox (not sure on a PC but I think it will be somewhere in Firefox menus under Settings) to see what your font and colors are set to and try tweaking those, see if it helps Smile

mary

(03-13-2012 12:06 AM)wire2 Wrote:  How come all web text in firefox looks pixled and unsharp for me compared to IE? Unfortunately since I like Firefoxt, but this is a big difference! Is there some adjustments that I can do to get rid of this problem?

This is not just on one specific website, it’s all websites! The text looks very pixled and unsharp and not as smooth as in IE. I am using Firefox the latesta version 10.0.2. I have also tried to Disable Hardware Acceleration but there was no difference.

Hope to get some input and help from you...
Best regards

/Hakan

03-15-2012, 11:32 PM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2012 11:43 PM by wire2.)
RE: Question regarding browser....
I have tried different things like checking ClearType and installing Anti-Aliasing Tuner in FF....but no change. Guess I have to live with it or watch the screen from distance!Undecided Settings are set to default. I first thought of it when looking at the font on your Modx-site and realised it was the same on al web pages when comparing to IE. I have not used IE for a long time, that’s the reason I noticed it. Everything is relative....