Thread Rating:
  • 260 Votes - 2.55 Average
Favicon.ico
11-10-2011, 11:25 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2011 11:26 PM by LennekeDP.)
Favicon.ico
Hi there,

I am creating a website with MODx Revolution. But how do I get my favicon.ico to work? With System Settings -> Back-end Manager I found the Manager Favicon URL option. I work with a subdomain and I putted my favicon.ico in "C:\domains\DOMAIN.nl/subdomains/SUBDOMAIN/wwwroot/manager/favicon.ico". But if I put this link in the system settings it won't work. Do you know what to put there instead? Because I can't find it anywhere on the internet.

Thanks a lot!

I use: MODx Revolution 2.1.3-pl (traditional)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-2011, 01:25 PM
RE: Favicon.ico
Are you just looking to have the favicon for the whole site or just for the manager?

(11-10-2011 11:25 PM)LennekeDP Wrote:  Hi there,

I am creating a website with MODx Revolution. But how do I get my favicon.ico to work? With System Settings -> Back-end Manager I found the Manager Favicon URL option. I work with a subdomain and I putted my favicon.ico in "C:\domains\DOMAIN.nl/subdomains/SUBDOMAIN/wwwroot/manager/favicon.ico". But if I put this link in the system settings it won't work. Do you know what to put there instead? Because I can't find it anywhere on the internet.

Thanks a lot!

I use: MODx Revolution 2.1.3-pl (traditional)

11-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Well, only for the subdomain where my MODx is at. So for the whole website that's on my subdomain. You get it?

11-16-2011, 08:12 AM
In the template head, you need to add the link tag to point to wherever your favicon image is located. So inside the < head> section add something like:

<link rel="icon" type="image/x-icon" href="PATH_TO_IMAGE.ico" />

I generally find it less confusing to put the favicon image file in the root of the site, in which case you'd have

<link rel="icon" type="image/x-icon" href="favicon.ico" />

Let me know if this works

11-16-2011, 08:26 AM
Thanks a lot!

I have a chunk called css wich I call on my Template like this:

<head>
[[$css]]
</head>

The css chunk containes this:

<title>[[++site_name]] | [[*pagetitle]]</title>
<base href="[[++site_url]]" />

<link rel="icon" type="image/x-icon" href="favicon.ico" />

<style>
... etc.

Am I doing that right? I don't see the icon yet, but it can take a while doesn't it?

11-16-2011, 05:49 PM
It worked!! Thanks a lot! I think you're doin a great job Mary. I also had a lot of help with your video tutorials.

I'm creating a dutch "How To" for MODx myself. Because all the stuff at rtfm.modx.com are really hard to get sometimes. So I set up a document in notepad++ and adding more and more chapters to it with a step by step explanation how to create a website with MODx.

Thanks again!