Thread Rating:
  • 238 Votes - 2.76 Average
User Management
10-16-2011, 03:15 AM
User Management
Hi there,

I've made a website with MODx. But when I create one for someone else, how can I get them logged in without them messing with everything? I've tried the user management, created a new user, gave her a login, made her a Member (I've tried Super User also), but when she logs in she gets a acces denied. But when I check her membership it says she has logged in without trouble.

Can somebody help me?

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2011, 05:08 PM
RE: User Management
Welcome to the forums. Let's start with a couple of questions: what version of MODx are you using? Can you outline how your site is set up and what you want your user to be able to do and not do?

(10-16-2011 03:15 AM)LennekeDP Wrote:  Hi there,

I've made a website with MODx. But when I create one for someone else, how can I get them logged in without them messing with everything? I've tried the user management, created a new user, gave her a login, made her a Member (I've tried Super User also), but when she logs in she gets a acces denied. But when I check her membership it says she has logged in without trouble.

Can somebody help me?

10-16-2011, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2011 06:13 PM by LennekeDP.)
RE: User Management
First of all, thanks a lot for the great movies, they've been a great help for me to get as far as I am now. I just fixed it using another forum, someone gave me this : http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution2...ger+Access
I followed these steps and it kind'a fixed my problem. But when I want tot set up the permissions I want her to have and don't have I don't really understand what everything means.
I've got the MODx latest version I guess, I downloaded MODx Revolution last monday.
My website has (from top till bottom) A header, a menu, a content space, another content space, 2 content spaces splitted and a bottom line.
So I was searching the internet and I saw someone saying to create TV's for every content space, so you can put in as many als you want.

My second problem is Gallery, I installed it, putted pictures in a photoalbum, putted it on my website, but it looks very ugly. But I don't know how you can change that. I'm pretty new in all this, but I can learn fast.