Thread Rating:
  • 359 Votes - 2.74 Average
Installing Packages if update is available?
05-25-2011, 02:25 AM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2011 02:34 AM by Crssp.)
Installing Packages if update is available?
Thanks for these screencasts Mary, of course I'm wanting to run before I walk as usual...
Anyways, I just added the three extras that you did in your screencast, and one comes up with an update available.
Should I install the extra before adding the update, or click update before installing the extra.
It seems odd that an update was immediately available, and that the update should have just been the download.
Suggestions... maybe the update has to be applied to the add on after it's been installed is why.

Thanks again.

[Edit]:
Ok I dove in and installed the extra it was GetPage, then ran the update script... after running the update, it still says there's an update available.
So what the heck, click update again and it comes up with an error... No ideas if I did anything wrong, or if it matter which order update and install or install then update. It appeared either way would of ran, but getting the error, is maybe an issue with this being only an RC addon?

sounds like a question for the regular forums if this extra is having issues?

Wait there's more, I clicked refresh in the manager and now it acts as though it is not installed, hmmm strange for sure.

Ok ran the install once more and now no updates available, and it's installed fine, maybe I did do something in the wrong order then.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-25-2011, 05:03 AM
RE: Installing Packages if update is available?
I've run into this issue several times myself. It seems like it's a bug either with the repository or the Package Manager. I do occasionally get packages reporting that there's an update available when there's actually none, and sometimes they update and still have a 'Yes' in the update available column Undecided . Not sure I know what the exact answer is. I usually just leave it be and then come back later and try the update again, and it eventually works.. LOL

Good to see you here BTW Smile Thanks for jumping in!

(05-25-2011 02:25 AM)Crssp Wrote:  Thanks for these screencasts Mary, of course I'm wanting to run before I walk as usual...
Anyways, I just added the three extras that you did in your screencast, and one comes up with an update available.
Should I install the extra before adding the update, or click update before installing the extra.
It seems odd that an update was immediately available, and that the update should have just been the download.
Suggestions... maybe the update has to be applied to the add on after it's been installed is why.

Thanks again.

[Edit]:
Ok I dove in and installed the extra it was GetPage, then ran the update script... after running the update, it still says there's an update available.
So what the heck, click update again and it comes up with an error... No ideas if I did anything wrong, or if it matter which order update and install or install then update. It appeared either way would of ran, but getting the error, is maybe an issue with this being only an RC addon?

sounds like a question for the regular forums if this extra is having issues?

Wait there's more, I clicked refresh in the manager and now it acts as though it is not installed, hmmm strange for sure.

Ok ran the install once more and now no updates available, and it's installed fine, maybe I did do something in the wrong order then.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply