Thread Rating:
  • 307 Votes - 2.56 Average
Supersize background - Call TV inside script
09-07-2011, 05:33 AM
Supersize background - Call TV inside script
Hey,

I am using the 'Supersized' jquery plugin ( http://buildinternet.com/project/supersized/ ) for the background on the front page of http://www.welcometoperdition.com/. Right now I have the script working inside of the template, but I was wondering if it is possible to insert an image TV inside the javascript call.

I did try two different ways before I made this post, but neither worked, and when i went to view the page source the field was empty where the TV is.

this script is located towards the bottom of the page, and i would like to put a TV in where the image is called:

Code:
<script type="text/javascript">

jQuery(function($){

$.supersized({
                    slides  :      [ {image : 'assets/perdition/bgs/perdition-bg01.jpg', title : 'Do What Thou Wilt'} ]
                });
            });

</script>
  <!-- end scripts-->

is this possible?

thanks!

raindog

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2011, 12:29 PM
RE: Supersize background - Call TV inside script
Interesting. I've never tried calling a TV into javascript code but I don't see why it wouldn't work. You could try:

Code:
<script type="text/javascript">

jQuery(function($){

$.supersized({
                    slides  :      [ {image : '[[*name_of_your_image_TV]]', title : 'Do What Thou Wilt'} ]
                });
            });

</script>
  <!-- end scripts-->

Your TV would of course need to be an image TV that is specified when creating or editing the home page.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply